Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Yarnalong: Weasley Girl Sweater Take 2

Joining Ginny at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
In this post about this time last year I began on That Weasley Girl sweater for The Em-ster. A fairly easy, customizable pattern by Jacquelyn Landry that I found one day while floating around the internet. So, I measured my girl, may even have knit a test swatch and knit like a crazy woman, all smug and happy.
Ahem.
So sure was I in my knitting and measuring. The pride before the fall. I had her try it on when I was way past the point of no return and lo and behold it was WAY TOO SMALL. It sat in my knitting bag for months until I had the courage and emotional fortitude to rip it out and start again.
The Spirit finally moved me this week to try again.
So I measured. And knit and blocked a test swatch and all seems to be going well.
Lessons learned: I knit tight, tighter than I think I knit. Must knit test swatch. Also, remember to try sweater on kid and make alterations to pattern based on real things not unicorns and fairies in own head.
The wool is Paton's Classic Wool in coral, knit on 4 mm circs.

I am still working my way through The Heart of Christianity. A slow process but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment