Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Yarnalong: Walden and Waffling

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Reading: I finished The Heart of Christianity the other day and I'd like to read it again soon as I think I missed a lot in my first read through. It took me a bit to understand the scope and jist of the book. A lot of the ideas were above my current thinking and didn't sink in until I'd journeyed through the book.
And then I reached for Walden. It's been on my list of books to read in this lifetime but it's not an easy read either. The language is old and takes concentration to catch his meaning. With my interest in simplifying life and all the times I keep running across quotes from Thoreau that resonate with me I figured it was time to give it a go.
Knitting: Lorelei's Scarf from Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders. The library should just give me this book as I've taken it out so many times. I'm not sure what the yarn is. I think it's Paton's Kroy sock yarn in one of their jacquard patterns but I'm not sure. I found it in a bargain bin at Michaels awhile ago and recognized it as sock yarn and of wooly content but without it's ball band to be sure. It's not enough to make me socks and I really wasn't sure what to do with it so it's been languishing in my stash. I pulled it out the other day, decided on a lacy scarf pattern and began. But I'm waffling. I love the yarn and I love the pattern but I'm not sure they go together. Is it too busy do you think? It's going to be 5' of this repeat of colour plus the lace pattern.
Anyhoo, that's what I'm knitting and reading.

7 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I think busy is good. We all need a bit of rainbow in our lives and those colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the scarf and the pattern. It'll be such a nice pop of color during these gray and dreary days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! I've decided that everyday I have to choose a bright colour to wear, be it a shirt or a scarf. Just something bright and cheery!

      Delete
  3. I love the scarf and the pattern. Knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone else - the bright colours will be a lovely pop of cheer at this dreary time of year! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete