Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Yarnalong: Hearts and Hands

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
This week I've been reading Marcus Borg's The Heart of Christianity. My son is working through Confirmation lessons and when I told the minister at our church that I had never been confirmed she gave me this book. It's not an easy read. It requires me to pay attention and think which is not always easy to do during those precious moments I get to read. But I'm moving forward and learning a lot. 

I haven't done a lot of knitting this week to be honest. I've been plodding away on the Blueberry Hat and it's at the point where I need to switch to dpns for the final decreases and add in the green for the stem. The Spirit moved me to work away at a mason jar cozy in the remnants of some gorgeous red I had left over from these mittens.
I used a pattern that I found on Pinterest last week. I love love love seed stitch and how nubbly it feels on the hands. I might knit a few and put them in my Etsy shop and see how they go. This one though is going to keep my coffee warm on Saturday morning. 
What about you? What are you knitting/crocheting and reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment