Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday in Pictures-knitting, reading, melting, sewing

 Knitting Lorelei's scarf. Thanks for the kind comments the other day when I asked if this pattern/yarn combination was too busy. The more I knit on it, the more I like it.
 Blogging, snacking, soup happening in the background and dinner in the crockpot.
 That there is melting snow and the first glimpse of sunlight my driveway has had in 6 weeks.
 Some treasures I found at the library this morning. I find the library is like chocolate-I can't leave with just one. It's a problem and might explain my troubles with keeping track of library books and the fortune the library is making from me in late fines.
Dreaming. Fabric for zippered cases and patterns for new summer clothes. 
I am in love with this green and pink floral.
Don't be fooled that my Saturday is all idleness and bliss. In actual fact there is un-photogenic laundry going on, tidying, keeping the peace between kids and procrastinating from cleaning the bathroom. Outside it is all brightness and melting snow and I feel the first stirrings of hope that spring is on it's way and it's so hard to be focussed on a day like this.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Joel Salatin's book! I read it last year. I really like the scarf. I don't think it looks busy. It looks happy and energized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy and energized-this is what I need for sure! I'm looking forward to diving into Joel's book. I read about his farm in one of Michael Pollan's books and been intrigued ever since.

      Delete