Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Yarnalong:Nature, Knit, YO, Repeat

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Yup, still reading The Nature Principle. When you only get to read a page or two a night it takes awhile to get through a book ;) I've been feeling restless the last month or so like so many other people this time of year, I'm finding. I was beginning to think that maybe it was time for us to consider a move. Somewhere in the country with lots of trees and fields and a place where I could finally have chickens. One gets a bit tired of living in the city and searching for green places to go for a walk. Richard Louv wrote a chunk on essentially blooming where you're planting. Look around your own neighbourhood for the green places that are there that you don't see. I did and remembered 2 tracts of land within walking distance that I should definitely be utilizing better. Bloom where you're planted. A good lesson I often fight the learning of.

The Lorelei scarf is coming along nicely. I finished another chart repeat last night. I'm supposed to do one and half more repeats then bind off, do it all again and Kitchner stitch the two halves together. I have my doubts that the scarf will be long enough to wrap around one's neck if I do that. I might perform Knitter's Rebellion and do my own thing. I'll let you know how that goes.
I loved the comments I got last week from other knitters who also knit like crazy on Tuesday nights so they have something new to post for Yarnalong. Thanks to Ginny for the incentive! (Like we needed one!)

6 comments:

  1. the yarn you are using is lovely. i agree... rebel, do your own thing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a quote pinned to my bulletin board that says "To live the creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong". I will go with that theory and see what happens :)

      Delete
  2. This scarf is so so pretty. I love the pattern and the bright yarn really makes the pattern pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the pattern too, the way it ebbs and flows. On dark days like today I especially like to knit on this scarf-it cheers me up.

      Delete
  3. I have 'Bloom where you are planted' on a fridge magnet. I try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I should try some crazy knitting too, I keep missing weeks cause I have nothing new to show! Love this pattern, it looks great with the colourful wool :)

    ReplyDelete