Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Empty Nests and Husbands

Just a quick post this Tuesday night. I've been sitting here at my kitchen table working on some corrections for the other blog I write (link here:Shop Local in Waterloo if you're interested...) when a lazy thought occurred to me that maybe this is what it will be like when the kids are older.
The house is quiet, it's just my husband and I right now as The Boy is out with his Oma and The Em-ster is away for a few days over March Break. I've got some laundry on the go and I should probably deal with the dishes but there's nothing pressing on my time really. Life is temporarily not on fire as it so often seems to be these days.
So, I thought to myself-"Gee, this is what it must be like when the kids grow up and move away"
Then my husband shows up in the kitchen door and breaks into my thoughts with something along the lines of "You won't believe what I just saw on YouTube!" and proceeds to tell me about a magician with this swirling disk thing and then you look at the guys face and it disappears and another one showing a montage of guys hurting themselves.
Huh. So this is what it's going to be like when the kids grow up and move away. I think I hear Paris calling....

No comments:

Post a Comment