Saturday, March 7, 2015

Yarn Swift and Spastic Gerbils (in my head)


Am I the only one on the planet that thinks a swift is a beautiful thing? My loving husband bought this for me for Christmas this year and I am so grateful for it.
Another order for Chicken Mittens:
came in on Friday so I stopped off at my LYS for some more Cascade 220 in chicken-appropriate white and grey marl. It was so much faster to use the swift rather than my usual frustrating method of looping it around a chair and standing there winding and un-knotting it every 5 seconds! Imagine what I could do if I had a mechanical ball winder?! I'm sure it would make me a better knitter ;)
Today there are birds singing and snow melting. It is finally above 0C. I took a walk around my neighbourhood and through the green space and I DID NOT wear my down parka! I wore several layers of fancy outdoor gear plus lots of woolies but NOT my down parka. Liberation!!
It is amazing what a brisk walk outside can do for a person's soul. I feel calmer and my thoughts have (temporarily, anyway) stopped racing around my head like a spastic gerbil. I am ruminating on the crossroads I find myself at in terms of employment and the direction my blogs and ideas should take. It is an interesting, somewhat frustrating time. I'll keep you posted :)

2 comments:

  1. You have a yarn swift?! I'm so envious! Several hanks of yarn and I are going to have to come for a visit.

    I'm crocheting with Cascade 220 wool right now too. Isn't it the softest wool? Such a pleasure to work with and great colours to choose from. Hope my hat turns out as well as your mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could see myself sharing my yarn swift with you ;) Come on over!
    Cascade 220 has to be one of my favourite yarns-so versatile. I'm sure your hat will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete