Sunday, March 29, 2015

Gratitude Sunday: Seeking Signs of Spring

Joining Taryn today at Wooly Moss Roots blog for Gratitude Sunday. A chance to look back at the week that was and reflect with gratitude.
 Tulips insistently poking their heads up in my front garden. It has not been particularly warm here but the tulips know it's spring.
 I had to dig under the old, dead bits to find these little chive sprouts. This is exciting.
 Chive seed heads in the neighbour's garden.
 I know it's spring when my chair can come out of the shed and live on the front stoop again. (why, why, why do my photos tend to list to one side???)
A clever selfie taken in our front window.
Feeling grateful this week for:
::one last Etsy sale of a blueberry hat-a gift for a new baby.
::time to knit on The Em-ster's sweater. I'm about halfway done the body now and it's been the perfect mindless knit that I needed.
::helping out at a fundraiser for our church yesterday. It was very early and very cold but satisfying and fun. 
::other kids seeking my son out. We are always encouraging our Aspergian to go find some friends and how exactly he can go about doing that, it's nice to see other kids seeking him out.
::climbing into pajamas early every night. 
::my son serving communion at church this morning. We belong to the United Church and the tradition is that everyone is welcome to partake. Our minister asked him specially to help serve because he's working on being confirmed this spring and thought he would find more meaning as a server.
::more often being thankful for things in my prayers than needing to ask for things. 

1 comment: