Sunday, March 22, 2015

Gratitude Sunday: March Break

Joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots blog for Gratitude Sunday. A chance to look back at the week that was and reflect with gratitude.
 We went for a walk in the woods this afternoon. On one side of the trail is the Conestoga River and the other side is a man-made canal called the mill race. Back in the day the water from the mill race was used for grinding grain. Now it just looks nice and makes for a good walking path between the two. Lots of people use it and enjoy feeding the birds in the winter. Whatever gets people outside is great in my mind.
 As you can tell by the down jacket and return of the woolies, it was cold today. I feel silly complaining it was cold when it was only -5C.
I knew I should've brought my Canon along for this walk. The chickadees were so tame and we could've taken so many great pictures with a good camera. Instead all I had was my ipod. As long as I don't make this photo big, you can't tell it's out of focus ;)
Feeling grateful this week for:
::some warm and sunny weather that melted a lot of our snow
::a break from making lunches, worrying about people having clean clothes for school, being on a schedule
::The Em-ster getting a break from her brother and some special time with her grandparents
::a solo 2 hour drive to pick her up with time to check out a yarn store on the way
::poutine at Harveys. They make the best this side of Quebec in my mind. Feel free to argue with me, Canadians ;) Some people go on butter tart tours, I'll start the first poutine tour!
::a 2 hour drive home, just The Em-ster and I.  A rare thing to be sure. We had some good conversations about life and money, hopes and dreams. I do love 10.
::making progress on her sweater. I'm onto the body now and miles and miles of stockinette stitch. There is something comforting about knitting stockinette stitch-enough change to keep you from losing your marbles but enough the same that you can do it anywhere and not have to really pay attention.
::a part time job I can knit at when it's slow. I usually get a few rows done before and after the lunch rush.
::the first day of spring. Thank God!! The sun is warmer, the snow is melting and the kids are busting out of their houses and onto skateboards, roller blades and bikes. Love it.

1 comment:

  1. wow, it still looks so chilly where you are! love the pic of the wee blackcap. <3 love those little birdies. :)

    ReplyDelete