Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Yarnalong: The Nature Principle and Chickens

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
 Reading: Still working my way through The Nature Principle by Richard Louv. I've begun adding little sticky notes at the parts I found most compelling. It's amazing how therapeutic going outside is. I've always known I feel my best, the most myself but studies actually prove the benefits of spending time in nature.
Knitting: one last chicken mitten before I close the Etsy shop at the end of March. This pair needed to be an extra-large men's pair and required some trial and error and modifications to the pattern. I first searched Ravelry for a pattern but couldn't find one that was compatible with the wool I have and my 2 needle preferred method of knitting mittens. I don't know why I didn't just modify the pattern in the first place. Lack of confidence I guess. It's working out but man are these mittens big!
The wool is Cascade 220, 100% Peruvian Highland Wool. I don't know what the name of the colour is but I do know it's the only wool that looks like your average whitish chicken.

3 comments:

  1. I read Louv's book about getting children back outside playing in nature... Can't recall the title at the moment. I like his writing style. I hope you're book is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. I can't usually get beyond the 2nd chapter of such books filled with statistics and studies but Louv presents them in a way that keeps me reading. The book you read might have been "Last Child in the Woods". Also a good one although I've yet to finish it.

    ReplyDelete