Saturday, May 3, 2014

A funny thing happened at the knitting store...

So, I had $40 burning a hole in my pocket today so naturally I headed to the yarn store. I intended to buy some fancy sock yarn and knit me a new pair of socks. Maybe something with cables. Something not too difficult, maybe in a green colour because green is all I can think about these days what with spring being here and winter being finally freakin' over.
So, I walked into my local yarn store and I made a bee line for the sock yarn room (I love that my local yarn store has a room dedicated to knitting socks and other things you can do with sock yarn). I saw a sale on some really nice yarn in GREEN no less, grabbed 2 skeins and was about to leave when I thought "Well, I'm here anyway, how about a look around". OH BOY.
That's when I saw it. The Kiran shawl. Oh be still my pounding heart.
I think I'm hooked on shawl knitting. I thought it was a one-off but no, it wasn't. And right below the sample were many baskets of the yarn I would need at a price I could afford. Including one in green and a really fetching orange and the most mesmerizing blue variegated situation.
I did the most sensible thing I could think of (not) and walked away to see what else there was to see. You see I'm a girl who likes a plan and likes to stick with a plan and doesn't want to deviate from the plan in case something crazy happens like a shawl.
But that shawl and that green kept creeping into the outer edges of my mind so here I am sitting at home petting the most lovely shade of green wool I can imagine with a newly purchased and printed pattern for one Kirin shawl by Katherine Matthews.
(my new geranium-yet-to-be-planted demonstrating the green awesome-ness of my new wool)
The wool is Zoe superwash merino sock yarn from Shalimar Yarns in the colour of sweet pea. How sweet is that?? Now I just have to learn how to read a chart...

No comments:

Post a Comment