Friday, May 16, 2014

Knitting and canoeing and swattin' blackflies


Well, this is where I'm off to this weekend. With any luck the roof hasn't collapsed with all the snow this winter and the trees haven't flattened the place. Cottage ownership is fun and exciting.
I'm bringing lots of knitting with me, including more wool to try hedgehog mittens, my Jackaroo to stitch together and maybe even finish and an afghan to work on. I think that will be enough. I hope it will be enough. Our cottage is in the middle of the wilds of Ontario, 2 hrs from civilization and more from a wool store. Makes a knitter a little edgy being that far from a wool store. However the views are worth it and I'm hoping to do some of this:
Although I'll most likely be swatting blackflies all weekend. You take the good with the bad don't you?!
Happy May 24th/Victoria Day long weekend to you all and I'll see you again on Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment