Saturday, May 10, 2014

Clearly new needles will make me a better knitter.

(Originally written last night)
I am an intelligent human being. I am licensed to trouble shoot and fix airplane problems and I manage to solve all the day to day problems that 2 kids and a husband can create and I can overcome this one too. But this Kirin shawl is kicking my butt. I've cast on twice for it and each time I knit furiously away and end up with too few stitches and then too many stitches. I have a beautiful new ball of wool in my awesome yarn bowl

and you'd think all that goodness would ensure success but no. Here I am about to rip it out again and restart.
I think I should've gone with my original instinct and bought new needles along with my new ball of wool. Yeah that's it. This has nothing to do with my knitting abilities it's clearly the needles' fault.
What I should do is rush right over to the knitting store and set things right and pick myself out a shiny new pair of 3.25mm circular needles.
However I just ate salsa dip for dinner and a slice of truffle cake and I'm feeling a bit...immoveable right now. In fact, I think I might be going into a diabetic coma.
But I shall forge on! I shall cast on again and get beyond the 9th row (which is as far as I've managed) and I will beat this thing! Possibly trying this time in an empty house without distractions (because I can't really move right now) will ensure success as I am not knitting while supervising bedtime which is what I was doing the last 2 times I tried casting on and following that chart. I don't know, I'll keep you posted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment