Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day gifts

Joining Taryn today at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday...now Monday.

These would be my Mother's Day gifts. The first-a flower and card-would be from my daughter. I love the Optimistic part! I wonder why she chose that word. It's such an odd word for a 9-almost-10 year old to use to describe her mother. But I am always optimistic. Always optimistic that I will be able to "get it together" one day and have great lunches made the night before and their laundry washed and folded and in the right place before they can yell out their bedroom doors on a Monday morning "Mom! I'm outta underwear!! Where's my underwear??".
The second collection of items would be from my son. He is hilarious. The licorice all-sorts, bought from the corner store are something I like. The random packets of condiments are to make sure I am always prepared and a nod to my dad who is terrible for always picking up packets of things to have in the glove box "just in case". Who ever has a ketchup emergency?!?
So I guess this would be part of my Gratitude Sunday list-Mother's day gifts. Always a highlight. Also:
~peas coming up.
And onions. And lettuce. No potatoes yet but I'm told I need to wait longer.
~planting flowers
~warm sunshine and time alone to lie in the warmth and soak it up and read some and knit some
~coffee-always grateful for coffee.
~having the windows open all day and letting the fresh in and the stale out
~a husband and kids coming home happy and calm because they certainly were neither when they left.
~the new-found place inside to say no to things I don't want to do because I just can't with the energy I currently have. Looking after myself first so I can look after my family properly next.


No comments:

Post a Comment