Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Of knitted mice and the real thing.

I mentioned last week that we were off to open up the cottage on the May 24th long weekend. It was a great weekend but it took me a week to recover from my weekend and get back into things again. There's always the lack of sleep to contend with. I've been sleeping at our cottage since I was a baby but it's still a strange place and a strange bed (that bed! why are cottage beds so awful??). Then the computer announced it's memory was full up and it refused to upload another picture no matter how much I talked nicely to it (or swore). Fast-forward a week later and I think I'm all sorted out as is the computer and here are some nice pictures for you to feast your eyes on.

We crammed 2 kids, 5 adults, including a pregnant lady and all the associated groceries into our very small cottage during a cold weekend. This works so long as the kids are able to dash around outside most of the time but not so great when we're all sardined inside trying to stay warm. But we persevered and I managed to escape for some solo canoeing time.
(sort of an odd selfie. Difficult to accomplish while swatting flies and 
trying to keep the canoe out of the weeds)

 I knit 1.5 little grey mouse mittens.
 It complemented the little gifts left behind over the winter by some real life mice who apparently had a party inside while the cold winds blew outside. I don't mind sharing but I draw the line at vermin. I stitched up some more of the ill-fated Jackaroo. I do love that thing. Maybe I mentioned that before...

No comments:

Post a Comment