Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yarning along...

Joining Ginny today at Small Things, what I'm knitting and reading...
Knitting:
My beautiful Holden Shawlette. All that's left is the picot cast-off. I love love love this thing! I love the colour variations and the thread of gold running throughout. I was surprised at how easy the lace was to knit once I sat down, uninterrupted, to figure it out.
I'm hoping to finish and block it this weekend. And then the great unveiling!

Reading:
The Artist's Way- I'm on week 3 and so much is becoming clear to me. An amazing book. Have you read it? I highly recommend it if not. I would never consider myself an artist or writer but I've been stuck for awhile trying to figure out what I should be doing with my life and I sort of thought that maybe I'd like to begin writing. I haven't written much apart from what gets done here but I've begun playing with word art and it is so satisfying. Who knew it was there waiting to burst forth at the right moment.
I'm also reading Judy Collins' Morning, Noon and Night as sort of a companion reader. It's about her method of being creative and it's a joy to read. Not deep but calming and written in a sort of stream-of-conscience way that is delightful. Many of the same ideas carry through it as from The Artist's Way.
How about you? What are you knitting and reading?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Holden Shawl. I made it but it ended up gifted to a friend with cancer. I must put that on the queue to make up for myself! Yours will be stunning, that color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks-I'm madly in love with it (as you may be able to tell :))

    ReplyDelete