Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dorothy was right-there's no place like home

This has not been a fantastic evening. It's His Lordship's night off and I have spent it looking for a science folder which morphed into cleaning up The Em-ster's room. I have washed dishes and loaded the dishwasher which is now stuck in the rinse cycle grinding and complaining away until I get up to restart it. I have supervised homework, home-reading and lunch-making. I managed to sit down for 5 mins to knit a row on a moss-stitch afghan I've started. I have listened to both my children's school-related woes which have been the cause of both kids acting up tonight. I can't help but feel happy that this school year will soon be over. I wonder if there is something in this homeschooling business but worry that I wouldn't have the patience or the creativity to get both kids to work on their lessons.
But despite all the craziness of this evening, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be. After a long, boring day at work being a small cog in the retail machine I come home to two smart, interesting kids. Their curiosity and activity keeps us both on our toes. 
Here I can sit down and knit whenever I need a moment to centre myself and figure out what to do next. I can wander down to my corner of the basement and create some neat word art around a quote that's been floating around my head all day. 
Dorothy was right-there's no place like home ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment