Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Yarnning along-what I'm knitting and ...not reading?

Joining Ginny today at Small Things-what I'm knitting and reading:
On the weekend I started an afghan. Surprising for me as I'm not great with long-term projects. I usually want to see progress NOW and be able to use whatever I'm knitting sometime in the next month or so. This thing is going to take me months. But I felt like I needed a long term relationship with a knitting project if you will, and so began the afghan. I'm using some Berella "4" acrylic, worsted weight yarn my grandmother gave me when she was no longer able to knit. The colour is...beige. Not very artistic or dreamy is it? But a girl needs a good, sturdy beige afghan to curl up under on whatever couch is in her life I think.
What I'm reading is The Artist's Way still. I'm on week 4 and the first task is reading deprivation. I gasped with horror when I saw that. Not read?! Anything?? For a whole week? No blog posts, novels, newspapers, knitting instructions?? You have got to be kidding me, Julia Cameron.
Maybe she knows what she's talking about. I have discovered a few things after 3 days of this semi-hell. I read a lot at work to take my mind off my work. I read a lot of magazine covers in the grocery store and miss how interesting people are. I read when I should be paying attention to my children. It's made me more of aware of what is going on around me and it's a bit overwhelming all this activity. Once this week is over I have a whole of catching up to do and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment