Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Yarnalong: A Blueberry Hat

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Knitting:
The Spirit moved me to begin another Blueberry Hat. I made one for my friend's little guy and I was so pleased by how it turned out I thought I'd knit one for Yarnnygirl. I can't remember where I found the pattern (probably Ravelry) but it's pretty simple until you get to the stem and leaves. I'm using Paton's Canadiana in Royal blue on 4.5 mm circs (I think). The needles are a bit big for the yarn so I might go down a size and do some math so the hat doesn't get smaller too.
Reading:
I'm still working my way through Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne. His thoughts and suggestions on rhythm made a lot of sense and are things we do anyway such as having a set time and routine for bedtime that rarely changes. We eat dinner together as a family 95% of the time. I like his idea of having a regular menu in so far as having a theme to each night of the week (ie Friday-fish, Monday-meatless, Tuesday-chicken etc) Less question as to what's for dinner for kids and me. We simplified The Em-ster's room last week and she has managed to keep it that way for almost a week and half. An incredible feat for this girl. I've also made sure to spend time with her every night after the lights are out talking about whatever comes to her mind. I've noticed it's really helping her to settle down and go to sleep. She's a lot calmer in general since these changes.
What about you? What are you knitting and reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment