Sunday, September 28, 2014

Gratitude Sunday-summer's last hurrah

Joining Taryn today at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday:

Some photos of our walk today on the trail beside the river. It has been 25C for the past 4 days. We're all busy enjoying the days of this warm spell knowing this is probably summer's last hurrah. 
This week I've felt grateful for:
:: the warm weather and all that comes with it-kids playing outside until it gets dark, hanging laundry out to dry, still wearing shorts and sandals, the windows open
:: lots of time to knit and not getting tired (yet) of only knitting mittens
:: checking out some neat businesses in town. Small businesses are awesome in that they can offer services big box stores can't or won't. For example, the little art store that also offers free range, organic chicken eggs. How great is that??
:: the carrots the Em-ster found on her way home from school that someone had planted on the boulevard. I love guerilla gardening! Perfect timing as I was making chicken potpie and we'd run out of carrots.
:: my mother-in-law offering us eggs yesterday when I was down to my last 4.
:: a walk near the river and all the wildlife we saw. Enthusiasm for this walk was on the low side until we came across a little snake, then a grasshopper, followed by wooly bear caterpillars
:: the simple abundance in my life that comes to my attention when I most need it. We have so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment