Monday, September 15, 2014

Makin' Stuff

Last night I climbed into bed at 9:50-all pleased with myself and my time management skills, with a plan to read for 40 mins. But a little voice in the back of my head quietly said "You're not done yet". I thought "Sure I am, I've been for a walk, tended to tomorrow's lunches, helped clean up after dinner, knit till I can't knit anymore. I'm done". The voice repeated "You're not done yet."
So I got up and wandered down to my little corner of the basement and began to listen to the voice.
Book-binding has been on my mind lately and I haven't made the time to give it a proper go. So I sat down at my desk, pulled out my collection of magazine pictures and pieced together a cover for a journal. I like makin' stuff but I'd prefer if the creative urge wouldn't hit past 9pm. Sometimes you have no choice but to feed the need so you can settle down all the parts of your mind and go to sleep.
This afternoon I found a couple of pins on Pinterest on how to bind a book, made myself a couple of practice journals and let my creative juices flow on the covers. That was satisfying!
I used a sewn binding with some old crochet thread I had. It was pretty easy. Now I need to nip down to the scrapbook store and get some washi tape to cover it up nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment