Sunday, September 14, 2014

Gratitude Sunday

Joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots blog for Gratitude Sunday::

This week I have felt grateful for:
:: reconnecting with a good friend who I've had trouble finding the time to call for a chat. Our friendship seems to go like that-in fits and starts. We've always been able to pick up right where we left off and for that I'm especially grateful
:: having enough. Enough food, enough money. Not extra, certainly not in the money department but always enough for what we need.
::the sometimes rare moments of peace between my children when I hear them speaking to each other like a friend, when my daughter lets the little sister's love and respect for her big brother shine through. It gives me hope that they might actually like each other deep, deep, deep down.
:: a growing sense of abundance. I guess I'm more of aware of it these days but I feel like we have so much. I hang my laundry out to dry and am aware of how fortunate I am to have these clothes.
 I make a something-out-of-nothing dinner and am aware of how much food we do have in this house.
::knitting. Goodness, but I love knitting. I could knit all day if the dishes would climb into the dishwasher on their own and the floor would mop itself. I especially love knitting outside on the front stoop, watching the world go by.
::evening walks. I love going for a brisk walk at dusk when summer is turning into fall. I am that person peeping into other people's windows to see what it looks like inside. It makes me feel like we're more the same than different when I see dishes on the counter and toys strewn all over the living room floor. That and I'm nosy ;)
I especially like these fallish walks when I come back in and smell the baked chicken and potatoes we had for dinner. That is totally a comfort smell for me.
What about you? What are you feeling grateful for this week?

2 comments: