Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Yarnalong-Minion mittens and still Out of the Woods

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:

Still reading Out of the Woods by Lynn Darling. It took a surprising twist when it became a memoir of cancer survival. Maybe I didn't read the back of the book very well but I didn't expect that and I didn't expect the very candid way she talks about her ordeal with cancer. I don't usually read a lot about cancer as it hasn't affected me in a really close way. It's the first time I've come across some of the experiences and subsequent feelings she describes. Fascinating and well-written this book is. Definitely not your usual "back to the land" type book.

This week a pair of minion mittens flew off the needles. So fast and easy they were. Do you see my mistake, any of you die-hard Despicable Me-Minion fans?? I forgot to knit in the black stripe for the goggle strap and didn't notice until my 10 year old pointed it out. Now I need to rip out both little mittens to the point that I started decreasing for the top shaping. Sigh. Nobody's perfect.
Once I get that fixed I just need to figure out how to add the goggles and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment