Saturday, September 13, 2014

Still alive and knitting furiously

The computer troubles that have been plaguing me of late are nearly sorted out (thank God!) and I was able to download 2 pictures-no small feat, let me assure you. I have been knitting furiously away on mittens and managed to successfully assemble these guys:
I have a tendency to get discouraged if things don't come together just like in the pictures right away. I put together the first mouse and the ears were all bumpy and crooked, I didn't like the eyes and I couldn't get the nose the way I wanted it. He sat for a few days while I stewed about it. I realized I was being a perfectionist and no one is good at anything the first time they try something so I did up the second and was much happier with the result. It's been clear sailing ever since and I am all about the animal mittens right now. My annual craft sale weekend is coming up in 2 months and I want to have 60 pairs of assorted creatures ready to go. I'm thinking bears, owls, cats and mice in 3 different sizes. If I knit one pair a day I should be fine. Right. Not insane at all. 
So I apologize as my knitting news is going to be a bit boring unless you love unbearably cute animal mittens. That is until I get sick of sewing noses, have a small mental break-down and in rebellion start knitting a sweater or something.
It's good to be back:)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, those mouse mittens are awesome!!! Can't wait to see what you make up next. Now if I can just figure out how to make a mouse hat to go with them....

    ReplyDelete