Saturday, September 27, 2014

Bear mittens and karaoke??

I have been furiously knitting mittens and this week among other assorted forest animals a pair of bear mittens got faces and ears.
I love their frank little faces. I worked the ears in the round which is ok but not quite right so I'm still cruising the internet for a better ear pattern. I also finished one minion mitten and remembered to knit in the black stripe for the goggle strap. It's important to remember these small victories.
That puts me to 4 completed pairs of mittens. Not exactly to quota. By my previous calculation and admittedly impossible plan I should have about 10 pairs done. Huh. But do I really need to sleep? If I don't sleep I could probably crank out my day's quota. I have a feeling the people around me would be less than understanding. This girl does not do well without 8 hours of sleep a night followed by a strong cup of coffee the next morning.
In other news and against my better judgement, the Em-ster bought herself a karaoke machine at a garage sale this morning. Best $5 she ever spent she says! My parenting theory is such that I encourage my children to try anything that piques their interest. Hindsight being what it is I should have thought twice about this one. Our day has been filled with booming announcements throughout the house such as "Mom please come to my room!!" and various ghost, airplane, train and wind noises issuing forth from The Boy who for a time also thought this was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am told that tomorrow I will know when my coffee is ready because she will announce it over the loudspeaker. Imagine. My. Delight. Anybody wanna buy a used karaoke machine?? I'll sell it to you cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment