Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yarnalong-Farewell my Subaru & Green Mittens

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
I've been reading Doug Fine's Farewell my Subaru this week. It's Doug's story about moving to a ranch in New Mexico and endeavouring to live a more sustainable and eco-conscious life. I haven't read very far, and he still has his Subaru. I find Doug's style of writing hard to get into so far. I can't help thinking if I was a guy I would find it easier to read. Hard to explain. I'm interested in his story however so I'll keep on with it and hope I get into it as I go along.
Although I love knitting mittens I'm finding it a bit tiresome sewing up the sides using my pattern for 2 needle mittens. I found this pattern for "plain mittens" in an old knitting book from my Grandma. It's knit with dpns so I'm giving it a whirl. Knitters...I have seen the light. Knitting mittens in the round is so much easier. And, I don't need to make left and right mitts with this pattern. 
The yarn is Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand in Kelly Green. I'm thinking they might be Oscar the Grouch or frogs. We'll see.
For those keeping track, I am up to 6 pairs of finished mittens. Boy am I behind.


2 comments:

  1. Only a knitter would say, "I am up to 6 pairs of finished mittens. Boy am I behind." Made me chuckle into my coffee, because I know EXACTLY what you mean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank goodness! I thought I was going crazy. Your comment put this into perspective for me though :) Glad I could add a smile to your day.

    ReplyDelete