Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Yarnalong:Jan Karon and Chicken Mittens

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
I finished another pair of chicken mittens last night for an Etsy customer. She sent me a lovely picture of her daughter and her friend, the chicken and asked me to make mittens just like the chicken. This was so much fun. The yarn is dependable Bernat Super Value in Grey Ragg. I like acrylic yarn for children's things. So much easier to wash when you have to wash it so often. Anywho, chicken mittens are very popular this year.
I saw someone on last week's Yarnalong reading Jan Karon's Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good and I did a small happy dance. I thought Jan Karon was finished with her Mitford series but thankfully not. Her characters are real and believable. The stories usually have a twist I didn't think of. Love, love, love her books. I got it from the library last Saturday, only available as a fast read. There's no way I'm going to be able to finish this before it's due back this Saturday but I wanted a taste. In a couple of weeks when it's in regular circulation I'll check it out again and finish it. It's good to have something to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Ginny's blog today. :) Those mittens are too cute! And Jan Karon is just amazing! I haven't read the new Mitford book yet, but I am so excited to.

    ReplyDelete