Monday, October 20, 2014

Still alive and Knittin'

It has been a busy week here at our house. We had to get ready to close up our little cabin in the woods, plus it was a pay week so there was the big grocery shop to plan for and do. I love, love, love only working 2 days a week but the finances have to be a carefully orchestrated balancing act between needs and wants. Groceries are our biggest expense so I try really hard to keep it to a firm budget. I've been shopping only on pay weeks and carefully planning for 2 weeks worth of food. I am grateful for the farmer's market still operating and my abilities as a cook.
This week I sold 2 more pairs of mittens in my Etsy shop and they needed to be shipped out. On my work table now, awaiting faces are a pair of minions, a cat, an owl, a mouse and either a bear or a chicken. I also have half a racoon pair. This weekend between 9 hours in the car and a few hours warming up by the woodstove at the cottage I knitted 2 more pairs of mittens. One will be a cat and the second will be a bear. I'm still not sick of knitting mittens. Not sure why...with my attention span or lack thereof I should be.
I'm thinking I'm going to knit a few pairs in alpaca or wool and see how they do at my craft sale and on Etsy. I know how much extra time and effort it takes to hand-wash a pair of natural fibre mittens and that's why I've chosen to knit all my mittens thus far out of acrylic yarn. But I can't help thinking of the parents who love natural fibres and prefer to clothe their kids in them. I'm itching to knit with alpaca again so maybe I'll have to make a trip to my LYS and pick some up.
You should all be very proud of me because I finally updated my ancient computer to a new operating system from this decade. However it comes too little, too late as I can't seem to update my browser to anything this thing can handle. Urg. Guess we're off to the computer store in the next couple of weeks. You know what doesn't need updating? or really change? Knitting. Good ol' knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment