Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Yarnalong-Geometry of Love and Racoon Mittens

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Today I was knitting racoon mittens. These ones will be a medium size with a band of black near the top for the little mask. I need to find some bright black buttons for the eyes still. The total thus far for mittens knitted is 16 and that includes the 4 pairs I sold already. I include them because I'm just so very pleased that other people like them too and since they were knitted to be sold, they count. And because I say so. That's why. The wool is Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand in the colour way of silver heather and the black mask will be Paton's Canadiana in black. The coffee is from the Ethical bean, medium roast. The mug-a gift from my very good craft sale buddy a few years ago. Local potter. Do you feel like you're reading a home dec magazine now? Oh, and the table runner is a Threadin' Yarns original, created a few months ago. I'm displaying the reverse side right now as the right side is displaying it's need to be washed. Ahem.
I am still reading Margaret Visser's The Geometry of Love. She's wordy but I'm finding it all so fascinating. The history of this church goes back to 300 AD. Imagine something existing for that long?Amazing. Right now I'm only managing to get in a few paragraphs a night so this is going to take awhile. Soon I'm going to revolt and go in search of a Robyn Carr novel for a little reading holiday.
How about you? What are you knitting and reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment