Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Yarnalong with Socks and Book Candy

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:

Knitting: Cable and Garter socks, pattern found in Betsey Lee McCarthy's Knit Socks! book using Nova Yarns Value Collection Sock wool.
Reading: The Wanderer by Robyn Carr. I hesitated a minute to admit that I was reading something so ordinary (my apologies to Robyn Carr). I don't know why. We're all friends here ;) I love to read books about gardening and knitting, uplifting books about bettering myself, my family, my parenting etc.
But sometimes I like a little book candy. A little ordinary grocery store paperback novel that requires little thought or effort on my part because I am tired most days when I fall into bed and this is the time I have to read. Is this you too? Do you sometimes just like some easy reading? A story for the sake of a story. This is me right now.
What about you? What are you knitting? reading?

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about your "book candy." I like that phrase, by the way. A light read is fun for almost everyone. I read what I call happy little murders and feel no guilt at all. Yes, there are deeper, better books to read, and I do, but fun reads that are light and easy to digest are also good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can you find the Nova Yarn these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I found it back in July at a little store in Haliburton, ON called Marty's Health foods. They carry natural products on one side and all things yarn on the other. I've looked for Nova Yarn in other places but have yet to come across it. Pity as it's quite affordable for wool and comes in amazing colour ways.

    ReplyDelete