Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Just One Hour

I have just been blessed with an hour to my very own. That hour where everyone leaves and the house is empty and nothing is expected of you. I always have this moment of panic-what to do with that hour??? What if they come home early? What if I don't pick the right thing to do to spend that hour?? I go through my mental priority to do list and quickly cross off the work, things such as emptying the dishwasher, tidying up, dusting. Then I let myself look at my own to do list-knitting, sewing, listening to the silence, reading and being here. So here I am.
I haven't had time to upload my pictures from last week at the cottage. I just finished the mountain of laundry from that week at the cottage and airing out everything. I'll find another snippet of time to deal with the many pictures we took. I'll add it to the to do list.
Today is "Get the Em-ster Ready for Germany" Day. She is leaving for Germany tomorrow afternoon with her aunt and grandmother for 2 weeks. All we have to do is pack her up and make sure all the paperwork is in order for shipping your child across the ocean to visit 2 countries (France also) with her aunt and grandmother. I am beginning to get a little sappy about this. 2 weeks is a long time. I am going to miss this crazy bundle of energy.

I want to make something to send her with, something she can look at and hold and think "My mom loves me so much she made me this" but I don't know what to make and the clock is ticking. It's difficult to decide what the right thing is and then execute a plan with less than 24 hours until the Airporter comes to collect her.
(she was photo-bombing)
It's also like a talisman, this thing. It's a talisman to hold back the evils of this world and keep her safe and return her home to me in one piece. I think I can sew her up a pair of pajama pants in the time I have. Nothing holds back evil like pajama pants. Right.
What would you do with one blessed hour? Use your imagination, the sky's the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment