Sunday, July 13, 2014

strawberry pie and a quilted table runner

Joining Taryn today at Wooly Moss Roots blog for Gratitude Sunday:

Feeling grateful today and this week for:
:: extra time spent with my daughter. She went to a day camp this week close to work and I was able to have her stay with me until her camp started and then walk her over. At the end of the day I walked back over and picked her up, then finished my work while listening to her tales of the day.

:: arthritis in my back. An odd thing to be grateful for to be sure but it's flare-up was the catalyst to a long awaited change in my weekdays. I manage the receiving end of things at an outdoor store and have been feeling the need for a change for awhile. Efforts to find a job elsewhere have come to nothing. It was the arthritis in my back that forced me to go to my employer and rework my responsibilities so that I no longer deal with the heavy lifting and only work 2 days a week. A blessing to be sure.

:: hope for new beginnings.

:: a safe trip to and from delivering The Boy to Scout camp.

:: strawberry pie cooling in the kitchen

:: finishing the quilted table runner I started last week. I made it out of scraps from my stash and it looks awesome. Now I'm all fired up to make something else.

:: getting the needles and therefore the gauge right on the new pair of socks I'm knitting. Love love love the colour.

:: waking up this morning and going through my day not feeling exhausted and counting the hours until bedtime. It is so nice to feel rested for once.
Wishing you a peaceful, productive week. Knit on zen mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment