Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Knitting socks, The Wanderer and Bison shorts

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong...

Well... I'm still reading Robyn Carr's The Wanderer and enjoying it for all it's paperbacky goodness. Many thanks to Ranee at Arabian Knits for sharing her love of "happy little murder" stories when she needs a bit of book candy herself.
Things have just started to (ahem) heat up which isn't bad considering I'm 2/3 of the way through before I've encountered any adult content. Good, simple story line and I'm still not 100% sure how it's going to end. Love it.
The Cable and Garter socks are knitting along nicely. I'm working the back of the heel now.
My only issue is that I am not enjoying these dpns. In fact I might hurl them through the living room window soon for all their ends keep ending up in the wrong places. I'm sorely tempted to go screaming off to my LYS in search of a more reasonable pair of circular needles, the likes of which I do not have in this size in my collection. Grrrrr.
In other news, the Em-ster left for Germany today. I did indeed send her with a pair of talisman pajamas. Shorts instead of pants. I didn't have time to take a photo but they were awesome. I had some soft cotton in a bison-print from another pant-making adventure.
Imagine shorts with a family of bison serenely grazing in a prairie scene, repeating all over the shorts. It's possible she will not appreciate the awesome-ness that is this these shorts but that is a chance I will take. At least I know she will laugh before she hides them on the bottom of her suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment