Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday night

Ugh, 8pm on Sunday night and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. This is not a good way to start a week. I won't complain about the headache that won't go away or the unending tiredness I am still fighting with. Instead I will tell you about what I've been up to this week.
I began reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I first read it in my 20's (I don't remember why-maybe everyone was reading it?) and remember getting up early for awhile to write my "morning pages". Morning pages are 3 pages of stream of consciousness writing meant to get all the trash out of your mind before you start your day. I've been feeling empty and dissatisfied all winter and I've had this overwhelming urge to write but write what??? A small voice in the back of my mind told me reading The Artist's Way might help me to figure it out. For a week I have been getting up at (gasp) 6am to write morning pages.
It's funny how I can get up early to write 3 pages of complaints about having to get up early and all the things I need to do that day but I can't get up early to exercise which is something I used to enjoy. I blame the dark mornings and this never-ending winter.
I do feel more open to things everyday now but mostly I have this overwhelming urge to Make Things that I haven't experienced in a long time. I love quotes and collect them on Pinterest but now I need (NEED) to make them into something beautiful on paper. I wish I could show you but I can't as the memory in my computer is full to the brim and I haven't had time to remedy that. Hopefully this week. A blog without pictures is like cake without the icing. Nice but better with.
One of my assignments this week was to go on an artists date. So I took myself to a writing and gift store in Waterloo that I've been thinking about for awhile. They have an aisle of beautiful blank books and one of just pens. How great is that?! I love blank books and pens.
Well, the time is creeping on and I need to get these kids into bed.
Wishing you all whatever it is that sustains you for the week ahead, be it knitting, reading or just plain sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment