Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Of a Tuesday night

Tonight being His Lordship's evening off I have done the following:
-cleaned up after dinner and run the dishwasher
-baked cinnamon-raisin pinwheels to gift a friend visiting tomorrow
-overseen as The Boy baked brownies (oh if you could smell the heavenly smell in my house right now!)
-summoned up great reserves of self-control and not eaten even the tiniest taste of brownies or the flaky-buttery-sweet goodness that is those pinwheels as I gave up wheat for Lent.
-counted down the number of days left until Lent is over (still 3 weeks left-oh the smell of those brownies!)
-guided homework time for the Em-ster (think: herding cats)
-put 2 kids to bed
-knitted 2 rows on a shawlette knit from some random worsted weight yarn found in my stash the colour of which reminds of cherry popsicles. Just what I needed on this cold, snowy day at the end of this unending winter
Now that all that is done and the house is peaceful and quiet it's time to do things for me. I'm thinking a wee snack, some doodling and then it's off to bed with my book. I've been reading Debbie Macomber lately and while her writing reminds me of how a little old lady would talk the stories are simple and satisfying and don't keep me up at night. It's the little things in life I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment