Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Yarnalong: Mittens, Mitten-strings

Joining Ginny at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:

I know, I've been very quiet here this week. It's just been so very busy the last few weeks. First the water heater and water softener died (they were a matched set apparently), then we had a car accident and everything that's needed to be looked after from that. We're all fine thankfully but the car, not so much. I've been madly knitting away at mittens. This week it was Minecraft Creeper mittens for a customer and a pair of minions for another one. So much fun to make and I learned how to add different coloured yarns into my knitting. I've done stripes before but this was a different animal all together. It feels so good to expand your mind and learn something new. If you are in need of creeper or minion mittens (or cat, mouse, chicken, owl, sock monkey mittens) please check out my Etsy shop in the side bar ---->
As far as reading goes, I'm still working on Mitten Strings for God . It's been hard to find more than a few minutes every night to read. It's a good book to read like in fits and starts though as the author organized each chapter to be a different essay. 
I'm going to try to make a concerted effort to be more present here each week as I do enjoy sharing the ins and outs of our life with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment