Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Yarnalong: Sock Mittens?

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:

The custom orders for Yarnnygirl (my Etsy shop) are now 95% done so in a wild fit of rebellion I cast on a pair of mittens JUST FOR FUN this morning. I know...crazy girl that I am.
This mitten practically flew off the needles. I just finished sewing them up and weaving in the ends. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the finished product as I'm too tired to dig out the camera, take a photo and wait an eternity for my prehistoric computer to upload it.
I call them sock mittens because they look like a work sock and remind me of a sock monkey. The white wool is Vanna's choice. I'm assuming the colour is called white as I can't immediately locate the ball band. Might be "Coconut meringue in January", you never know with yarn companies. The grey and red wools are Paton's Classic Wool Worsted in Dark Grey Marl and Bright Red. I used a #4 needle and my favourite mitten pattern. 
So, that's what I'm knitting.
As far as reading goes, I haven't really had time to read much this week. Between car shopping and filling Etsy orders I've been falling into bed at 11. When I have had 5 minutes I've turned to Mitten Strings for God . The author and I believe in the same things when it comes to parenting. It's so nice to know I'm not alone in our society of scheduling every minute of your child's time, of instilling the value of family beliefs and traditions. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the yarn colors you chose for these mittens. I'm sure they came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete