Sunday, June 21, 2015

Gratitude Sunday: Peonies, Peeing & Poutine

Joining Taryn today at Wooly Moss Roots blog for Gratitude Sunday. A chance to look back at the week that was and reflect with gratitude.


Feeling grateful this week for:
:: colour in our yard-an abundance of pink peonies, red flowers (who's name I can't remember) and purple sage flowers
:: after many months of belt-tightening, we are in a place of being able to relax a bit as far as the finances go. I prefer to be home tending the garden, the children etc but the reality is I have to work and it's nice to see results from those long hours.
:: a good run Friday night. I ran the whole time instead of my usual run, walk, run. I've never been a really athletic person and took up running several years ago to lose some weight and because I usually find walking really boring. Being able to run the whole 1/2 hour/3 km is a pretty big accomplishment for me.
:: The Boy's confirmation. It was a beautiful service this morning and he did well. It's not easy to write your own creed and even more challenging to have to read it in front of the church when you stutter. So proud of him!
:: an impromptu lunch with a very good friend yesterday. I needed that! We ate poutine on the patio, poked around in shops and talked each other's ears off. I came home with a new book to read, a couple of thrift store treasures and 2 hanks of wool/merino mix for my stash plus a healthier perspective on life.
:: the wisdom to stop on the way home yesterday at a lookout. In Southwestern Ontario, most of the lookouts aren't all that dramatic as we don't really have big hills or valleys but this one looks out over rolling farmland, meadows, trees and a piece of the Grand River. I followed the path down to the river and was going to keep going but I had to pee. I am the sort of person who is fine with finding a tree to pee behind but I had this feeling that I was going to run into people. Sure enough, on my walk back up to the parking lot I ran into the hot, young Conservation Officer and felt glad I had that premonition and kept my pants on ;)

2 comments: