Monday, June 15, 2015

Gratitude Sunday: Being Late, Rain & Serendipity

Joining Taryn today at Wooly Moss Roots blog for Gratitude Sunday. A chance to look back at the week that was and reflect with gratitude. A day late but whatever...
The Em-ster looking slightly frightening and yes, that's ET


Feeling grateful this week for:
::The Em-ster's 11th birthday. What an interesting kid. For her actual birthday dinner she chose hot dogs and Kraft Dinner and I made her a chocolate cake from an old Betty Crocker cookbook I have. She's definitely her own person, quite the individual, with a strong sense of who she is (and isn't) and that includes an...interesting sense of fashion. Everyday is an adventure with her and we love her to bits.
::a new member of our family and The Em-ster's birthday present from us-a Holland Lop rabbit. I have tried numerous times to take a photo of Mia but it's kind of like trying to take a picture of a toddler. They're just so fast. Mia is entertaining, nice to pet and provides my garden with lots of goodness :)
::rain. Like many of you, we too have been feeling the need for some rain which came over the weekend.
::pepper plants from a neighbour around the corner. I had been wanting to add some to my garden but between the time and the expense I hadn't gotten around to it. I love it when the thing you need appears out of seemingly nowhere.
::colour in my front garden in the form of annuals, found on sale over the weekend.
::an impromtu fire and hot dog dinner on Saturday night with my husband's family and a relative visiting from Germany. There's a conservation area 5 mins away from our house and has been the site of many picnics over the years we've lived here.

No comments:

Post a Comment