Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Yarnalong: Mittens & The Road to Yesterday

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Knitting: Chicken mittens. After a long break it's time to start knitting mittens again for my Etsy shop. The chicken mittens are my best seller so I figured I'd better start with those. The wool is Bernat Super Value, a good basic acrylic yarn that holds up well during knitting, washing and wearing. I use a 2-needle pattern from an old Red Heart pattern book. I can knit these things in my sleep now!
Reading: The Road to Yesterday by LM Montgomery. The other day I was feeling restless and bored in general, and in particular with the books I had on the go so I closed my eyes, rifled through my book shelf and ended up with this one. I was in the mood for some comfort reading and Lucy Maud always does the trick. This one is a collection of short stories with Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe included but more on the periphery.
What about you? What are you knitting and reading?

3 comments:

  1. It's really a good time of year to knit mittens. The cold weather will be here before we know it. Yours are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mittens look gorgeous, they will be perfect come winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like an interesting lady...i look forward to reading more of your blog. Why, though, do you call them chicken mittens?

    ReplyDelete