Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Yarnalong: Half-a-Cardi

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
 Knitting: Half-a-Cardi, a pattern I found on Ravelry in a desperate search for a little sweater I could wear to a wedding in a week. I knit like mad all week, knit in the car on the way to the wedding, hid in a corner of the venue and furiously cast-off. I didn't have time to finish the sleeves so I just tucked in all the ends and wore it anyway. Nobody noticed or nobody cared-not sure :)
My Mom and I and The Sweater.
 I finished the sleeves a few days ago and I was so pleased with how they turned out. You put all the sleeve stitches back on your needle, knit one row, purl the next, knit another and then cast everything off.
 It desperately needs to be blocked but even still it behaves quite well. I tried reducing stitches at the edges to give it a rounded look but it didn't quite work out. I was definitely winging it and will check out another pattern to see how it's done before I try again.
Wool-my favourite-Paton's Classic Wool in currant. It took about a ball and a half.
Needles-#4 circular.
Reading: nothing in particular or at least nothing I'm excited about. It's hard to find time to read these days between working, parenting, my garden and the laundry.

3 comments:

  1. Love this little cardi! The color looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I have done something similar when running out of time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart girl! And it does look lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete