Sunday, May 3, 2015

Gratitude Sunday: Camping & Coffee

Joining Taryn today at Wooly Moss Roots blog for Gratitude Sunday. A chance to look back at the week that was and reflect with gratitude.
This weekend my son and I went to Scout camp. I only had my ipod with me but did capture some moments from a hike we took through the property. The weather was perfect although the nights were cold. I should've known better and brought my favourite huge sleeping bag but didn't and shivered my way through 2 nights. Thank God for coffee and plenty of it.
 My accommodations for the weekend-a 3 person tent all to myself. Decadent I tell you.
 One of the cabins on site, complete with stone fireplace

Feeling grateful this week for:
::the wisdom to take a step back from everything I do and give myself room to breathe, then slowly add things back in as the Spirit moves me.
::warmth and sunshine, especially this weekend at camp
::the energy to spend all day with kids and adults without zoning out by 4pm. This introvert used to have such a hard time by Saturday afternoon but now for some reason I have built up this ability to be with people all day and not need to find quiet and solitude. I suspect it's because I love being outside and enjoy the company of the people I was with.
::coffee at camp. It's my comfort blanket, that thermal mug.
::little pea shoots coming up in my garden
::the birth of a new baby boy next door this week. I heard him crying this afternoon and it made my heart glad
::binding off my current knitting project and the joy of looking for the next thing to knit
What about you? What are you feeling grateful for this week?

1 comment:

  1. a three person tent to yourself? wow that is awesome. have a wonderful week. <3

    ReplyDelete