Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Yarnalong: One Arm Down & Some Theology

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Reading: The God We Never Knew by Marcus Borg. Nothin' like some nice light reading eh?? I finished Alan Doyle's autobiography Where I Belong the other day and enjoyed it immensely. So honest and bright. I feel called right now to work my way through this book. The description on the back of the book describes it thus: "...leads us from the distant, authoritative God of our childhood to an equally powerful, dynamic adult understanding of God. Tracing his (the author's)own spiritual journey, he reveals how to embrace a fresh, authentic view of God that is fully compatible with good science, critical thinking, and religious pluralism-a view that promotes a much healthier and more vital life of faith today." 
Knitting: That Weasley Girl sweater. I'm just about done the first arm. I feel like that arm took forever to knit. It was just around and around and around with the odd decrease to break up the desperate monotony. I cringe to think I still have another arm to knit. I blame the dpns. I do not love knitting with dpns at the best of times. If this sweater is going to have 2 arms I had better find a way to knit the 2nd arm on circs!
For the past few days the weather has been hot and sunny but the temperature plummeted yesterday from 29C to 9C today. I just couldn't make myself go out this morning for pictures. Hence the less-than-inspiring indoor pictures. My apologies. I will do better next post.

1 comment:

  1. The color of your sweater is really beautiful! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete