Sunday, May 10, 2015

Gratitude Sunday: Serendipity

Joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots blog for Gratitude Sunday. A chance to look back at the week that was and reflect with gratitude.
 Bleeding Heart bush-a gift from another Mother's Day
 Periwinkle
 Mystery plant growing in the back corner of my yard. Any idea what it is??
 Pink tulips from my front garden
Concrete toadstool and lots of lush green-ness
Feeling grateful this week for:
::3 days straight of 30C temps. I appreciate the heat and humidity in May with the memory of a cold winter so vivid yet.
::all the growth that happened because of that heat-everything has bloomed like crazy and we have leaves on most of the trees now.
::hanging 3 loads of laundry out to dry yesterday and it all being dry in an hour.
::serendipity in the form of a contract job for a few weeks just as I was losing hope anything would ever change. I'm an aircraft mechanic and had long given up on ever returning to that job but the hanger I apprenticed at needs some help for a few weeks. It means a nasty commute across Toronto but the returns include experience I can put on my resume, a good paycheque and the chance to really stretch myself mentally. 
::5 wheelbarrow loads of cedar mulch from our neighbour who couldn't use all he bought. I've wanted to put mulch down in our front and side gardens for years. It's funny how just what you need appears sometimes eh? He didn't want to be paid but I think a loaf of homemade bread is in order.
::Mother's Day gifts-from my daughter-a matching ring/necklace/earring set, from my son-3 Lindt chocolate balls. Every year I look forward to their thoughtful gifts. They are always perfect in one way or another.
::Rouladen for dinner and cheesecake for desert. Not sure which one I enjoyed more
::that tired-muscle feeling after a good run.
What about you? What are you feeling grateful for this week?

1 comment:

  1. your photos are amazing, so much going on in your garden. <3

    ReplyDelete