Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Yarnalong: Be Simple/Where I Belong

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Knitting: I finished my Be Simple shawl on Monday, blocked it and chucked it on random bushes and gates around my yard today. It is squishy and warm and I am so pleased with how it turned out. The wool is 30% animal-of-unknown-species from China (possible Alpaca or Angora) and 70% man-made fibres. I used 5.5mm circular needles but could've gone down a size.

Reading: Where I Belong, written by Alan Doyle of the band Great Big Sea. It is hilarious and honest and down to earth. I am a huge fan of Great Big Sea, quite by accident. In college a friend dragged me to a concert at Lakehead University's pub, The Outpost, in 1996. Some band I had never heard of that I pictured in my mind as being Great Big "C". Why would you call a band Great Big "C"? Anywho, I was hooked. If you don't know Great Big Sea (not C) they can best be described as playing traditional Newfoundland music with a modern twist. It's happy, rollicking, good fun.
What about you? What are you knitting and reading?

5 comments:

  1. Love the color of your shawl...it looks very cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl came out real nice. That's how I photograph most of my projects - hanging around the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scarf especially the little detailing at the bottom. I've saved it in my favourites in Ravelry. Beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shawl and a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete