Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Yarnalong: Knitting and Dreaming

Joining Ginny at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
Knitting: That Weasley Girl sweater in Paton's Classic Wool, currant colour using 4.5mm circs.
I finished the body last night. I wish I had done just one more increase. The sweater fits fine but I was hoping it would have more width so she could wear it longer but c'est la vie. I'm not ripping it out a second time and it just means I'll have to knit faster so she can have it sooner!
Reading: The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.
Trying to find the time to complete the tasks for week one is proving to be challenging. I've been making an effort to get up a bit earlier to write morning pages (3 pages of stream of consciousness writing, no judging or editing allowing) and that's been good to dump all the static out of my head before I begin my day.
I finished The Nature Principle last night. What a great book full of ideas and inspiration and useful facts to fuel my opinion that it's a good thing to spend time outside. An idea I had was to create a blog centred around helping people get outside more. I would offer a weekly or monthly challenge for people to do, an e-book with simple ideas, maybe an e-course to help people overcome their resistance to going outside. I have lots of ideas swirling around my head.
We've got freezing rain here today. It's one of those miserable spring days where you wonder if this is really better than winter and if it will ever be warm and sunny. On the upside, it's a good day to be curled up on the couch knitting...or reading.

2 comments: