Friday, April 17, 2015

Fridays of Mayhem and Madness

Today is a day of mayhem and madness. Being Friday you'd think I'd be all giddy and light with the weekend so close but alas no. The kids have a PD day, I didn't have a good sleep last night and The Em-ster woke up on the wrong side of the bed. To add to that-back to back eye doctor appointments for the kids this morning. Added to that, the city has shut off our water, filled our little crescent up with all manner of work trucks and dug a huge hole in our neighbour's front lawn. Lots of excitement!
I still need to run to the bank and the hardware store and clean the house before we go away for the weekend. The only reason I'm bothering with that last chore is because the kids are staying here with their Oma and may or may not be sleeping at our house. Can't have spittle-covered mirrors with my mother in law staying in the house.
Why is it when you go away for a weekend to relax you spend the day before rushing around like a crazy person so you spend your relaxation time recovering from all the work it took just to go away in the first place??!! Dunno but I'm still pretty excited about being kid-free for the weekend with my husband.
I'm planning on bringing along the Em-ster's sweater to work on. I'm knitting sleeves and it's not very exciting. Hopefully knitting sleeves in another place will make it better and go faster too. Also, I'll bring along my Be Simple Shawl. Such great car knitting. Maybe by the time I get home I can start a new knitting project! Oh the possibilities!
Wishing you a somewhat calmer, less chaotic Friday and subsequent weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment