Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Yarnalong-The Newcomer & blind Racoon mittens

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:
I just finished adding ears, nose and whiskers to a pair of racoon mittens. I can't find a pair of buttons in my stash that look like racoon eyes so I guess I'm off to the fabric store on Friday. The wool, as always is Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand in the Silver Heather colourway and the black parts are Patons' Canadiana.
I finally got my Kobo working and synching properly so I indulged in a new Robyn Carr novel The Newcomer. I like that Robyn Carr's characters are believable and the plot has some twists and turns.
It's a November day here-dull, grey, wet, yuck. I added the basket of yarn to liven things up. The grey and solid red balls are Cascade 220 I think, the variegated red is an Irish wool from my brother's travels and the big ball of cream is the Australian Corriedale/Alpaca mix I was attempting to wind into a ball a few weeks ago in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment