Monday, November 10, 2014

Fall is for Mittens

Fall has been a joy and a delight around these parts lately. I snapped these photos on the weekend. The first one is from the mountain of leaves on the street in front of our house, the second is our neighbour's maple tree and the above photo is from the herb bed. The pottery pig is someone's project from pottery camp one summer. I can't quite remember who made it. It and some other pieces grace our garden as lawn ornaments now that they've lost their places of honour in the creators's room.
I'm in full-on craft sale panic mode now. The yellow mittens above need to become chickens, the racoons do have eyes now and the brown mittens were completed this afternoon and became owls. Still on the to do list are 2 pairs of brown bears needing ears and faces, a pair of cats (or possibly mice?) also needing ears and faces, some minions needing to be ripped back and the black goggle band knitted in then completed with the aforementioned goggles. I'd like to knit another pair of grey mice, more minions, and chickens in both yellow and white. Plus I still have to finish the matching mittens for my table-mate's hats. I feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day and going to work tomorrow is really going to slow me down. Arrgghh. But you know what? I am loving every minute of this and can't think of a better way to earn a living.






No comments:

Post a Comment