Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Yarnning Along with Gratitude and socks...still

Joining Ginny today at Small Things blog for Yarnalong:

I turned the heel on this crazy sock the other day and the knitting got crazier. It went from that chevron thing to more of a variegated situation. I know it would drive other knitters nuts, this change in pattern but it satisfies the wild child deep within and I know come the dark days of winter I will appreciate it very much. OR in a fit of mid-winter blues I'll rip it out and start again. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
I picked up Debbie Macomber's One Simple Act the other day when we were visiting Stratford. A little bookshop was going out of business and it was 99 cents. I wasn't going to buy it but every time I turned around there it was, gently calling to me. Either that it or it was very good product placement by the owners. Doesn't matter. I picked it up and it was balm to the soul. The book's theme is generosity and how one simple act of kindness can lead to many unexpected things. Debbie begins the book with a lesson in gratitude. You have to be grateful, appreciating what you have in life, in order to be generous. It's full of short anecdotes and things to think about it and quotes from the bible. I'm glad it called to me and I'm more glad that I listened and bought it.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite examples of pooling - ever! I love the nice zig zag and the colors! You're right, this will be wonderfully cheerful in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pooling" eh? I haven't heard that term before and I like it. It sounds like I made this happen on purpose! I'm hoping all this unexpected colour changing will offset the effects of the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of changing the pattern like that - keeps things interesting. Is it your own pattern? fantastic color yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is from Betsey Lee McCarthy's Knit Socks book. It's the cable and garter sock and I used Nova Value Sock Yarn but I don't know the colour name. I feel like it was a number rather a name...

      Delete